Before you start, makes sure that you have:
- Installed, wifi-connected Amcrest camera. You should be able to configure your camera from your web browser (Internet Explorer or Apple Safari are recommended).
- Camera ID: You should receive the Camera ID in the Welcome email right after you sign up.
The installation process should normally take around 5-7 minutes. Please contact Amcrest’s support in case you run into issues.
The following are the instructions for Amcrest Indoor.
Log in to your Camera Setting
Enter the IP address of your camera in your Internet Explorer/Apple Safari and enter your login credentials to access the live view.
Download “Fing” App>Devices>Look for the device starting with AMC.
Please note: The device on which your Fing application is working is connected to the same WiFi Network as your Amcrest Camera.
Connect your Amcrest to Sentry AI
STEP 1: Click on “Setup” which is located at the upper right-hand corner of the screen
STEP 2: Click on “Network” and then select the “SMTP (Email)” option from the drop-down menu.
Following is the sample if you use Gmail, you can set up SMTP similarly for
STEP 3: Set up the SMTP as below:
Enter your username and password for your email you
Set the Sender email address as “email@example.com”. In the Subject field, fill in the Camera ID that you received from Sentry AI welcome email.
In Recipients field, enter “firstname.lastname@example.org”
STEP 4: Click on “Save” button located at the bottom and wait for the “Save Successful” text to be displayed.
STEP 5: Click on the “Email Test” option and wait for the “Email test succeeded” message to be displayed.
STEP 6: Click on the “System” button and select the “General” option from the Drop-down menu. Enter your Camera Name in the Device Name section.
Camera Name will show up in the text when an image is sent from Sentry. You can assign a name as per your convenience. For example: Backdoor
STEP 7: Click on the “Save” button and wait for the “Save Successful” message to be displayed on the screen.
Enable Gmail processing
If you use Gmail to send and receive Sentry AI Alerts. You need to allow less secure apps as following instruction:
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
- Click the button “Allow less secure apps” and make it “ON”
- If the link doesn’t go to below page, try to sign in google account first and then go to https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
4. Go back by clicking on the back arrow located at the upper left corner.
5. Click on the Sign-in and Security button from the left-hand side column and make the 2-step verification to be off.
Check the connection
Once you have completed these steps, you should start receiving notifications from Sentry AI. Try moving in front of the camera to test the setup. If you are not receiving Email/Whatsapp alerts, please contact Sentry Support.