Before you start, makes sure that you have:
- Installed, wifi-connected Swann camera. You should be able to configure your camera from your web browser.
- Camera ID: You should receive the Camera ID in the Welcome email right after you sign up.
The installation process should normally take around 5-7 minutes. Please contact Swann’s support in case you run into issues.
The following are the instructions for Swann.
Connect your Swann to Sentry AI
STEP 1: Right Click anywhere on the screen to obtain a home button at the bottom of the screen.
STEP 2: Click on the “Network” option from the right section. Click on the “Email” button and make the following changes:
|User name||Your email address|
STEP 3: Click on the “Test Email” button and click the “Ok” button.
STEP 4: Once the “Email Test Successful” button displays, click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the right-hand side section.
STEP 5: Click on “Alarm” button and make the changes as shown in the image below.
STEP 7: For users with one than one camera, please ensure that you click on the copy button and make the same settings to all cameras connected to different channels.
Click on “Save’ button from the bottom of the page.
Configure Camera ID
STEP 8: Click on “Display option” from the top of the left-hand side menu.
STEP 9: Select the Channel as per your camera connection. Enter your “Camera ID” that you get from Sentry AI Welcome email in the Channel Name section. Make sure all the other fields are marked as shown in the picture below:
- Click on “Save button”
Enable Gmail processing
If you use Gmail to send and receive Sentry AI Alerts. You need to allow less secure apps as following instruction:
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
- Click the button “Allow less secure apps” and make it “ON”
- If the link doesn’t go to below page, try to sign in google account first and then go to https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
4. Go back by clicking on the back arrow located at the upper left corner.
5. Click on the Sign-in and Security button from the left-hand side column and make the 2-step verification to be off.
Check the connection
Once you have completed these steps, you should start receiving notifications from Sentry AI. Try moving in front of the camera to test the setup. If you are not receiving Email/Whatsapp alerts, please contact Sentry Support.